Lawyers’ Professional Liability for PBA Members
Protect your firm and attorneys with the Pennsylvania Bar Association Lawyers Professional Liability offering from USI Affinity
The Pennsylvania Bar Association offers the Lawyers’ Professional Liability Program from the Pennsylvania Bar Association Insurance Program, administered by USI Affinity. The program was created in cooperation with CNA, to offer improved pricing, expanded risk management programs and exclusive coverages and credits for Pennsylvania Bar Association members.
Exciting New Enhancement added to the PBA’s Professional Liability Insurance Program
The Pennsylvania Bar Association Lawyers’ Professional Liability Insurance program is excited to announce the latest Risk Management policy enhancement. All CNA policies in the Pennsylvania State Bar Association Insurance Program will now include the following coverage regarding Engagement letters:
If the Insured utilized an engagement letter in connection with the legal services that are the subject of a claim, and such claim is otherwise covered under the Policy, then the Insured’s deductible applying to such claim will be reduced by 50%, provided that the engagement letter:
- a. includes, at a minimum, the following information:
- i. a specific description of the scope of legal services to be performed by the Insured;
- ii. the identity of all clients for whom the Insured agreed to perform such legal services;
- iii. the fee arrangement for such legal services; and
- iv. a description of the Named Insured’s file retention and destruction policy; and
- b. was signed by all clients identified in such engagement letter prior to the Insured’s commencement of representation of such clients for the legal services described in the engagement letter, but in no event more than thirty (30) days after the commencement of such representation.
In no event shall the amount of the deductible waived hereunder exceed $25,000.
Additional Highlights of the Professional Liability program:
- Comprehensive coverage and policy features tailored to meet the unique requirements of law firms in Pennsylvania, with continuous coverage, full prior acts available and your written consent required before CNA can settle a claim. From solo attorneys to large firms, USI Affinity and CNA can design coverage to protect all size law practices.
- 5% Bar Association membership credit. This 5% credit will be applied to your Lawyers' Professional Liability Policy premium for membership in the Pennsylvania Bar Association, on a per attorney basis.
- 7.5% risk control credit per attorney for two years after taking a qualifying CNA risk management seminar.
Questions about the program? Call Jenny Shazes at USI Affinity at 610.537.1456.
For additional information on Engagement Letters, please see:
Better with a Letter: Why Attorneys Should Use Engagement Letters An Introduction to Engagement Letters