- D.C Bar members receive a 5% Membership Credit on their LPL Premium
- Exclusive new Risk Management and Loss Prevention tools designed to help law firms improve the efficiency of their practice and reduce the risk of claims.
- Outstanding coverage with great pricing and limits up to $10 Million.
- Coverage for Privacy Breach Investigation ($20,000 per policy period) and Network Security Breach ($25,000 per policy period) are now included.
- Deductible reduced by 50% (max $12,500) if any claim is resolved by formal mediation within 6 months of being made, or 90 days of suit being filed.
- New Settlement clause - Insured's consent is required; 50% / 50% defense cost sharing if a settlement offer is rejected by the insured.
- Supported by the strength of an “A rated” insurance company
- Easy Claim Reporting
- Free ERP (Tail) for retired attorneys in good standing who have been insured with the company for at least three years
- Choice of defense costs inside or outside the limit of liability available for qualified firms
- Liberalization clause – if the company adopts any revision that broadens coverage under the policy, it will apply immediately at no additional premium at any time during the policy period
- Pro bono work is definitively covered
- Subpoena assistance increased to $25,000 per policy period.
- Broad definition of legal services now includes expert witness, governmental advisor and/or lobbyist.
- Court attendance expense reimbursement $500/day to a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 in the aggregate, no deductible applies
- The company will provide reimbursement of up to $100,000 for the defense of a disciplinary proceeding, no deductible applies and any payment is in addition to the limit of liability
- Prior acts coverage for an individual lawyer working at a firm
- Prior acts coverage available for lawyers joining a firm during the lawyers' professional liability policy period (a new attorney application and underwriting approval are required)
- Multiple extended reporting period options, including an unlimited option